.

Friday, October 11, 2019

Family is an extraordinarily important aspect of my life Essay

My mother, above everyone else in my life, has had a significant influence on me. My mom has said that if the whole world turns their back on you, your family will always be there for you. She has always been there for me. She is an absolutely amazing human being and a great role model. Everyday I see how she handles having four children, manages a household and a career. Through her example, I have learned to make good decisions and be very responsible. My mother inspires me everyday. She has taught me to not only respect other people’s opinions, but to formulate my own opinions as well. She showed me that I can do anything I put my mind to and has told me to always stand up for myself. I started to play soccer when I was in second grade and I came to love it. Years ago when I was playing soccer, I was not getting much playing time during games. I was not one of the strongest players but I played well. I was disappointed about the games and talked to my mom about it. She said rather than her talking to the coach I should remind the coach that I was not getting enough playing time. During the next game I stood by the coach and asked to be put in. It worked. I got more playing time and the coach noticed how well I played. He complimented me on my game and from that point on I didn’t have to ask for more playing time. I am glad that she encouraged me to stand up for myself. From this experience, I learned that in life you have to fight for what you want. My mom has shown me that we should not only take from the community, but also give back. I volunteer with the Girl Scouts and at a local church as much as possible. With my church youth group I have visited a Veteran’s home to talk with the residents and keep them company. We also have done a rake and run where we rake the leaves of elderly or disabled people. I was voted onto a core team by my peers. On the core team I help the advisers lead the group at meetings and volunteer services. Because of my mom’s encouragement, I work extremely hard at school and everything I do. She has inspired me to push myself to the limit and beyond. My mom has taught me to live my life to its fullest. Life is a journey and my mom has taught me many things along the way. College is the next step in my journey and I am going to take everything I have learned along with me. My mom has not only influenced my life, but is my absolute hero. The lessons she has taught me will be instilled in me foreve

No comments:

Post a Comment